Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. From 21 December 2001, we will be bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
This statement sets out important information about privacy protections which we extend to your personal information. It relates to personal information that you provide to us through our websites (eg when you subscribe to our services online).
How we collect personal information
Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, such as when you enter your personal details on our websites (eg during registration or application for products and services), when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an application form;
- from third parties such as credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organizations identified below under “When we disclose your personal information”;
- from our own records of how you use your Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd services
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- identify you and to assist you to subscribe to our website services more easily;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with better, more personalised services that are tailored to your needs;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market to you other services which we consider may be of interest to you. You may also notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by calling us on +61 2 9953 3000 or by contacting us by email
Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd Website
Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd provides a range of web-based services, through our website – www.ssw.com.au
The marketing information provided on our website will be determined by where you decide to visit on the site. Advertisements will also be presented to you, but the placement of these is not related specifically to any details we hold about you.
Personal information collected from our websites
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on how you use our web site. Such information may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, and your Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd username or password. We may also collect details of your Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd services (including their status).
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
We use Google AdWords Remarketing features in order to better serve our advertising to you on other sites. This uses the Teracent cookie. You may opt out of the Teracent cookie by visiting the Teracent opt-out page.
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above (under How we use your personal information) we may disclose your personal information to organizations outside Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd. Where appropriate, these disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections. The organizations to which we usually disclose information include:
- outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you, including:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- marketing and telemarketing
- market research
- your representatives (eg your authorised representatives or legal advisers);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorised by law;
- organizations involved in:
- a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables);and
- managing our corporate risk and funding functions (eg securitisation);
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. Thats why we recommend you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
You can easily edit or delete the personal information you provide to us on our website, but to do so, you will need to sign in as a registered user, using your username and password.
If you wish to access or modify personal information which you have provided via our websites, but cannot access that information at our websites, please contact us.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please contact us. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Security of your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely. Transmissions sent to or from our website are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Credit card information is among the most important data we collect. Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd operates secure servers to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of such information. Credit card information that is transmitted via our secure servers is encrypted in accordance with the highest standards over the network. For obvious reasons, please do not send credit card information through unsecured email.
Children’s privacy is very important to us. We ask that children under the age of 18 have a parent or guardian verify their membership application with Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd. While Superior Software for Windows Pty Ltd will make every reasonable effort to ensure that children’s privacy and other rights are not compromised, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s Internet usage.
What else you should know about privacy
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet (for example: in discussion forums, via email, or in chat sites) that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet and our websites.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us:
- By phone on +61 2 9953 3000 between 9.00 am and 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- By email or
- write to our Privacy Manager, at Gateway Court Suite 10, 81 – 91 Military Road, Neutral Bay, Sydney NSW 2089,AUSTRAliA