As a developer marketing is probably the last topic you think about. But the reality is the best jobs go to the people who are well connected. If you want to work for the best companies on projects using the latest technologies for a salary you deserve then you need to market yourself.
John Sonmez is the expert on teaching developers how to market themselves and has quite a remarkable career. He’s the founder of Simple Programmer, he published over 50 courses on Pluralsight, he hosts the Get Up and CODE podcast and he’s a life coach for software developers.
Check out this interview and learn:
- The importance of blogging to get the best jobs and what you should blog about
- How to get a name for yourself and improve your career
- How to attract the best employers
- The best first step to promote yourself online
- Finding your niche
- In-bound marketing and how it relates to developers
- Why Podcasting is so effective
- How to leverage social media to promote your profile